Friday, May 6, 2011

Something New

Wednesday, on Call Day at seminary, we found out we would be living in a new location for a year, while I'm on vicarage. For those of you who don't know what vicarage is, think of it like an internship. The way seminary is organized, I take 2 years of classes, 1 year of internship anywhere in the country, then another year of classes. So for the next year, we'll be moving to Fredericksburg, VA, while I learn under a pastor in the field up there. Here we are on Call Day:


Lydia doesn't look that happy, but she told me later that she actually is.

Needless to say, we're incredibly excited! I actually think Audrey's even more excited than I am. She often makes high pitch squeals and shakes her little balled fists in excitement. It looks like a great area with plenty of stuff to do. I think by the time we leave, our biggest "regret" is that we won't have time to do everything. It's a huge Civil War historical area, an hour away from Washington, DC, and a few hours away from NYC. I know we'll have a blast. More importantly, though, the congregation where I'll be working, Redeemer Lutheran Church in Fredericksburg, looks like a fantastic congregation with lots of ministries to their community. And in talking with the pastor, I think I'll get some great experience from him as a mentor.

Please pray for us as we start this new chapter in our lives, and we will also be praying for all of you. We're really looking forward to growing as a family as well as growing together in Christ. And I'll be keeping you updated throughout the year, as well!

-Andrew-

No comments:

Post a Comment