Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shots Day

Well, it was one of the saddest days of my life thus far.

Lydia had to go in today for her 2 month immunizations. She was a little fussy already because she was hungry, so she was kind of whimpering. Then the doctor came in with TWO needles. When they had her laid on her back ready to give her the injections, I made the mistake of looking into her eyes. Suddenly, they got very wide, and she just screamed bloody murder. I wanted to bawl with her.
A few minutes later, when we finally got her calmed down, she just stared at me with huge crocodile tears gathering the corners of her eyes, as if to say, "Why would you ever let them harm me?" It was awful. But I know it's ultimately for her benefit.

I thought of all those times I ever asked God, "Why would you ever let this happen?" If I hurt that much out of finite love for our daughter, I can't imagine how much God must hurt in his infinite love, when he sees us hurting. However, the need for our daughter's health made the pain necessary to endure. As long as we are loved by our Father (which is forever, because of Christ), we can trust that whatever happens, no matter how bad, he will ultimately turn around for our good.

On a brighter note, however, it's Audrey's birthday today, so we're going out to dinner with some friends, and we're gonna party like its 1999! Actually, we're going to make 2011 the NEW 1999. That's how hard we're going to party. Or something like that. We might pass out around 8:30 watching Office reruns. Wish us luck.

-Andrew-

No comments:

Post a Comment