Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hot Air's Blowin'

Tornadoes. Every other day this last week, we've had a tornado warning. It's getting obnoxious. I'm at the point that I'm content staying upstairs until I see a cow fly past our window, but Audrey's good at getting us downstairs every time. Better safe than sorry. Lydia doesn't care one way or the other. Although, she does seem a bit more bored in the basement.

While we were downstairs, we decided to go through our stuff we'd be moving to figure out what would stay and what would go. Audrey found some interesting stuff.... So Lydia's bored, I'm bored, and my wife clearly has cabin fever as you'll see in this never-before-seen footage:



I'm writing this now, in our basement, where we've been sitting for the last two hours. So far, the only hot air blowing has been from the weather man. But all of seminary community has moved downstairs. I attribute this to two causes. One, Joplin just lost 118 people to a tornado at the beginning of the week, so everyone's a little paranoid. Two, classes are over, so no one has devoted their soul to writing papers.

Last Thursday, I finally finished my spring quarter with over 100 pages written, thousands of pages of reading, and over 20 tests and quizzes. Now, Lydia and I get to have some father/daughter bonding time for the next couple of weeks while Audrey's at work. Then in June, I have one more summer class before we move to Fredericksburg. Still. Good for me to be free for a while, and as much as Audrey misses us, for the most part, she's liking being back at work and out of the house. More updates to come.

-Andrew-

No comments:

Post a Comment