Thursday, June 30, 2011

Catching Up

Wow... It's been almost a month since our last post. Sorry to leave y'all hanging. I know you've just been biting your nails to know what we've been up to. Well, rest assured, it hasn't been much. Let me rephrase. It hasn't been much of anything interesting. We've been steeped in tedium.

Moving is a pain. Essentially, we have to be packed up and ready to move by July 8th because of all the time we'll be away from home in July. And Audrey will be gone the 1st through 4th for a wedding. It's a little stressful. And between dealing with Lydia, laundry, dishes, summer class, work, meals, and standard cleaning duties, there's not much time left to stuff boxes. Not to mention the fact that all the boxes lying around somewhat prohibit the aforementioned menial tasks.

I keep telling Lydia she needs to start pulling her weight, but she just retorts she doesn't have much to pull. She's only 12 pounds.

Other than that, the only things of interest are a few new projects. For instance, we've really been getting into Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace. And I thought a new baby took discipline. Sheesh.

Also, I've given a couple of sermons. I've preached twice at a small church in almost non-existent Elk Prairie, MO. It's literally a blip on Google maps, surrounded by a sea of uncharted gray. It's a congregation of 4 people. No fake. So leading worship is interesting when no one sings except me and my melodious wife, and all four congregants sit in the pew farthest back. Awkward.

Also, I've been working on a new blog. Diverge. Feel free to check it out, comment, etc.

And finally, for your viewing pleasure... The Lydia Segment.

-Andrew-

No comments:

Post a Comment